My Working Table Necessities

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I basically work from home. I do freelance jobs from my computer at home, and I also blogged a lot because blogging is part of my job ;p So I literally spent my days in front of the computer for at least 8 hours a day!

I have a small working space in my bedroom, that's where I put on my computer and all of the essentials right beside it. When I looked at a corner in my work table, I realized that I have such random essentials for work-must-haves, LOL.

Okay, let me tell you about my work table. 
It's not really a table but a single drawer with short legs. I used the top surface for putting on my laptop and knick knacks (notebooks, stationary, etc). Aside from all those notes and journals that I kept on my desk for writing important tasks, I filled the drawer with all my files, past work thingies, calculator, bank's remote key, as well as brochures / press release and work sheets for my recent jobs or recent blogging necessities.


Right beside my laptop is a small corner with random essential things such as these:

Those are all my necessities which I need when I'm working in front of my laptop. You can see that there's a calendar on the right, and then in front of it is a pretty box that I just bought and haven't opened yet because I'm afraid it would get dirty, LOL. So it's just standing there for my inspiration ;)

You can also see that there's a kitty cat phone holder and then at the back is a Goofy glass which I used to store my pens and pencils (and a ruler). You can also see that there is a set of cow print pencils + eraser at the front. I forgot why it's there when I photographed it, it's usually stands inside the goofy jar with all the pens and pencils.


So here is the normal look of the corner without the cow-print pencils set:
I moved the cow-print pencils set into the glass jar where they belong. You can also see my current favorite pen there inside the glass, the one where I talked about here.

On the other side of the table I put on another desk calendar (just because I don't know where else to put it ;p). It's a very pretty calendar that I got from the L'Occitane event several months ago:
 

As I mentioned above, I spent my days in front of my laptop for at least 8 hours a day non-stop. I only stopped for meals. I also mostly worked at night and my air con is always on at night time, and that's why I always need a hand cream and a lip balm near me. I have quite a few of hand creams and lip balms all around the house and car because I can't stand dry hands and dry lips. So I gotta have them close ;)

I also like to snack in front of my laptop and I'm always make sure that my hands are clean before snacking. So that's why I got a hand sanitizer in this corner too ;p

I know those three items are not your usual work essentials but they are to me ^o^

Here's a close up of my essentials: Hand Sanitizer Gel, Hand Cream, Lip Balm, Mobile Phone in standing position so I can see who's calling or texting me while I'm in front of my laptop ;p

Note:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments, that means we're "interacting" ^o^
Thank you for the comment and I'll return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS